AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gamespy - PS2 BF2 - Freezes - Features - Fixes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

If you can't log in, and you know you have a good internet connection, then most likely you have too many friends. If your system won't load your friends at all, even after waiting for a few minutes, then you will need to load Gamespy Arcade or Gamespy Comrade.

Arcade has more game info and ads embedded in it, and has to be loaded manually. Comrade has less ads and can be configured to start automatically if you want. It also runs in the system tray.

Both programs require you to input your BF2 email and password, then you choose your BF2 name from the list of names associated with that account.
After you are loaded up, you can see your friends list and delete whomever you don't need on your list. try to get it as small as possible.

Turn on your PS2 and you should be good to go.

-----

During game freezes;
Use Arcade or Comrade while you play, if you get froze, look at your computer, if someone sent you a message that has a bunch of spaces and something like BF2MC-INVITE then that person just froze you.
Right click their name and "Block" them, reboot your PS2.

-----

Another bonus is the "Who's friend am I" feature. it will show you everyone that has you on their friends list. You can either add them back, or delete yourself from their friends list.

-----

Make sure you go to your options and HIDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, otherwise you could get your account stolen.

-----

Gamespy Arcade and clan battles.
Jerks use Arcade to get the list of Co-leads in a clan while playing clan battles, then they freeze all the co-leads out of the game.

If you are afraid of this happening, demote yourself before you play. Just make sure another co-lead is around to re-promote you after the match.

-----

IP tracer and Comrade - find the location of the person messaging you through BF2. IP Nuker, make them lose connection. This may be illegal.

-----

I am sure there is more you can do, but I am trying to be vague and some of the info here is incorrect on purpose so less people freeze and crap. But it is the general idea.

{wizo}

{wizo}
Soldier

hay how ya do'in,ok ..so if some one has this they can see my e-mail..
if im on their friends list!?

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

{wizo} wrote:hay how ya do'in,ok ..so if some one has this they can see my e-mail..
if im on their friends list!?

Yes sir.
Additionally, using the latest version of GameSpy Comrade, you can see your friends, friends list.

If you have a real email, you can always get your account back using the "I forgot my password" option on the GameSpy website.

If you do not have access to a computer to install gameSpy and hide your info, then message me and I will hide your information for you.
That would of course require you to give me your email address and password for your account.

Don't worry, I don't want to steal anybody's account, and I don't save your info or share it with anyone.

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Oh, one more thing.

Clan names can not have the ^ character at the beginning or end of the name. Maybe not in the name at all.

When the ^ symbol is in the clan name, the clan match will freeze everybody on both teams. Everybody will have to reboot.

This usually happens at the end of the game, at the last second.

{wizo}

{wizo}
Soldier

ok thanks,ill down load it and take thing from their,if i cant ~r~ have a hard time getting around ill drop a line...see ya on the field

{wizo}

{wizo}
Soldier

Ok,i took a look and i dont see how one can (hid)their e address.

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

once gamespy is running and you can see your account, go to profile options, or just options depending on version.
you should see check boxes to allow or disallow users to see your email, etc..

[AOG]_Nateeeeeeeeeeee

[AOG]_Nateeeeeeeeeeee
Illuminati

interesting

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum