AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to connect an ipod to your PS3

+3
AOG-Ferrari
[AOG]_Nateeeeeeeeeeee
AOG-Gideon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to connect an ipod to your PS3 Empty How to connect an ipod to your PS3 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 am

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

----
I got a few people asking me how to get their iPod to work on PS3, so here ya go.
----

First off, there are unconfirmed reports that Mac users have more trouble because of the file format structure.

When you use a PC to setup your iPod, it should set the file format to FAT32 which is a friendly format for PS3.

----

1st - When you plug the ipod into the PS3, it should be recognized on the XMB menu as "USB Device (iPod).

2nd - There are No files, right? Go to music, then instead of hitting X on the iPod, hit "Triangle", and choose, "Display All".

3rd - Navigate to the folder that contains the media that you desire.

----

That fixes 90% of iPod users. But if you have an iRiver, you are screwed.

When you plug in a USB device and go to lets say, video, the PS3 looks for a folder named VIDEO and displays all video files automatically. If the folder does not exist then the PS3 reports back "There Are No Titles". Display All is your friend.

----

PICTURES - For some unknown reason, iPod keeps the pictures in a hard to get at folder that the PS3 can't even see, even with "Display All". - The workaround?
Plug your iPod into your computer and copy your pictures straight to the "hard drive" of the iPod, using it more like a USB storage device than an iPod. Kinda defeats the purpose of having an iPod, but until Sony stops being bitter at Apple, we will have to deal with it.
----

If you still can't get your iPod to work on your PS3, please post a reply to this thread and I will address it.
----

[flash]