AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

PS3 BluRay Drive Cleaning & Replacement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PS3 BluRay Drive Cleaning & Replacement Empty PS3 BluRay Drive Cleaning & Replacement Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:34 pm

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Click here for the best video on how to fix Blu Ray

***Attention***
If you have a warranty on your PS3 and your BluRay stopped working, DO NOT open the case. Just stick a USB drive in the USB port and perform a full system backup. Then exchange the PS3 for a new one and restore your system from the USB.
----
For those of you who do not have a waranty and don't have $400 to replace your PS3, read on.
----
Drive cleaning and/or replacement:

You will need:
  • Small Phillips head screwdriver
  • #10 torx tamper resistant screwdriver. The head has to be at least an inch long.
  • Lens cleaning solution and cotton balls or q-tips
  • BlueRay drive (if replacing it) Links to PS3 BluRay sellers at bottom

Step One- BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM TO A USB DRIVE.

If you are cleaning your drive. Watch this video.

If you are replacing the drive watch this video.

If you want to see the disassembly and reassembly of a PS3 in fast motion, watch this video.

PS3 BlueRay Players

Under $100 fits all 20/60gig ConsoleShop.com

Under $100 fits all 40gig ConsoleShop.com

$65 - out of stock RepairMyVideoGame.com

$65 on eBay.com

Last edited by AOG-Gideon on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

[AOG]-Assassin

[AOG]-Assassin
Assassin

do you think geek squad can do it so I don' create some kind of machine that ends up destroying the entire human race?!?!

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

[AOG]-Assassin wrote:do you think geek squad can do it so I don' create some kind of machine that ends up destroying the entire human race?!?!

LOL lol!

Geek Squad should be able to handle that for you, but they charge more than any place I have ever seen and they really are not all that good.

I would find a used computer store and see if they can do it cheap.

It really is not hard to do. You just need that damn Torx #10 Tamper Resistant screwdriver. And a Phillips screwdriver.

Before you pay someone to do it, Give it your best shot. If you fail, then pay for a pro. You won't ruin your system if you follow directions. The worst that will happen is the BluRay won't work at all.

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

BigBlockin just reported in, that he cleaned his BluRay, and now it works. He said you can do this in 15 minutes and it is easy.

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]