AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat

5 posters

What do you think of this feature?

Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat I_vote_lcap60%Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat I_vote_rcap 60% [ 3 ]
Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat I_vote_lcap20%Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat I_vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat I_vote_lcap20%Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat I_vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat Empty Customized Battlefield Vehicle Combat Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:04 pm

[AOG]_Kerstov

[AOG]_Kerstov
Admin

With Battlefield’s rich vehicle pedigree we simply weren’t satisfied with just providing new rides in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. We took our existing rides back to the mechanics for tuning and expanded Vehicle Combat even further by adding customization and new gameplay features.

For the first time in Battlefield history we’re adding customization to the Battlefield Vehicle Combat. In Bad Company 2 players can earn customizable vehicle upgrades that let them tune a vehicle towards their own play style. Vehicle Specializations allow players chose between Enhanced Armor, an Upgraded Weapon package, Smoke Grenades to hide, an Electronic Warfare package to locate nearby enemies, or an Optics Upgrade to zoom in on targets. These upgrades can give a vulnerable tanker the means to escape, defeat, or outlive his opponents. Finding the right Vehicle Specialization to fit each play style is crucial to success in Vehicle Combat.

While standing toe to toe and slugging it out is always a valid tactic in any skirmish, the experienced Battlefield player knows that there’s tons more depth to who wins and who loses than just accurate fire. To bring greater depth to Bad Company 2’s Vehicle Combat we turned the page back and drew inspiration from the original Battlefield 1942. Tank shells that hit armor at extreme angles will glance off doing less damage, while direct hits deal critical damage. Armor thickness also varies significantly between the front, sides, and rear of armored vehicles. A hit that front armor simply shrugs off can quickly become a problem if the same shot is delivered from behind. You’ll need to watch your back and mind your flanks to stay ahead of the competition.

Of course teamwork is the ultimate trump card to any tactic; the best tanker drivers work with their Engineers to achieve total victory in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. We’ll talk more about how Vehicles and Infantry work together to build a balanced Battlefield in the near future.

Last edited by [AOG]_Kerstov on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

[AOG]_Kerstov

[AOG]_Kerstov
Admin

Forgot to mention. I didn't make this up. This is what EA is planning to do with Battlefield Bad Company 2. Just saying this in case anyone gets confused.

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

I like it. More realism.

Aog-Big_act

Aog-Big_act
Admin

well im glad you told me that so now i dont have to worry about buying this game.. Im pretty much done with battlefield games... BF2 was the best game ever made and they messed up on every one after that. 1943 sux... BFBC Sux 9999999999x more, and im sure BFBC is not gonna be up to par with Modern Warfare 2 and Mag.

Aog-Big_act

Aog-Big_act
Admin

i take that last message back.. I doubt I am going to buy Mag from what I hear and will most likey buy this game now b/c the Dice Staff realizes they messed up with BFBC and plan to make this one much better. so I hope it does not dissapoint b/c if it does I just might have to find out where these peoplle live and sneak in there house ninja style and make them make a good game for once... I know Im crazy right? lol

Caboose

Caboose
Squad Lead

I really do not understand the whole critical angles point.
You aim at the vehicle, you fire and chances are it'll hit it and damage should register - this whole notion of rockets bouncing seems too much like Company of heroes to be honest.

AOG-deadsouls

AOG-deadsouls
Admin

I would just like to put my spin on things now that I have invested some time playing and my experience from the military the changes they have made with the armor is accurate to real life. Now I have sent RPGs into a tank with no registered damage or points peaple see that ad unfair but truth if they were going for realism they have done a good job RL tanks have weak points and strong points and removable armor "for replacement" but not every part on a tank can have heavy armor becouse of moving parts these would be the "weak" points and what we would call in the marine corps sweet spots that's what you would aim for so in sumation my opinion they did a great job true it's harder but accuracy is spot on. One more thing they might change the controls to race controls r2 gas l2 break and reverse

http://Myspace.com/desdoulas559

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum