AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

About Battlefield 2

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About Battlefield 2 Empty About Battlefield 2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:22 am

[AOG]_Kerstov

[AOG]_Kerstov
Admin

Gameplay - Each team can have 1 player to 32 players on each team, depending how the server is set up. You have 7 classes i nthe game. Special OPs, Assault, Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic, and Anti-Tank. There's jets, helicopters, tanks, FAVs (Fast assault vehicles I'm assuming.), little landing boats, and all that fun stuff.

There's also the Commander position. There can be only 1 commander for each team. They call down supply drops, Artillery, Scan, and UAV.

Supply Drop: This can repair vehicles, resupply your ammo, heal you. And at times I drop it on enemy snipers and kill them. lol.

Artillery: Self Explanatory. Artillery can be destroyed in the game, luckily, it can be repaired as well. Each team gets their own artillery.

Scan: This does s satellite scan on the whole map and shows every enemy position on the map for a few secons, only the commander can see this.

UAV: uncrewed reconnaissance vehicle, this has a scan in a small circled area of the map, depending where you place it. Your allies can see all the enemies it sweeps over on their map. This is temporary as well.

Every time one of these things are used, it takes time to use them again. So, it's not used immediately at any time. If one of these are being used rapidly, the commander is hacking.

Games can last as long as the battle can go. Sometimes even over an hour of fighting. There's end-date for the demo, so you can play as much as you want.

Servers Okay, servers will really differ in Battlefield 2 since they are made by players. The rules will really differ as well. Some servers can have anti-base raping rules, some may not. When you join a game, you can watch the top left corner of your screen and they will usually have the rules being said up there. (It's in the same place where who kills who)

Administrators of these servers can kick players or even ban them for a while or forever. They even have it to where the servers can auto-kick people for negative scores and such.

Just of warning. Some servers are modded. They have mods where some vehicles can spawn at mass amounts, instead of 1 or 2 just spawning until destroyed. Infinite run speed, bigger jumps, more fun stuff...

I will try to maybe get some screen shots or something later. Any questions, just ask me.

2About Battlefield 2 Empty Re: About Battlefield 2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:05 am

[AOG]_LPST

[AOG]_LPST
General

You mentioned nothing of global unlocks, maps, or mods for the game.

Global Unlocks
For each kit there are 2 different unlocks, you are only able to unlock one on each kit until all stage 1 unlocks are unlocked, then the rest can be unlocked.

Maps
Maps in this game are HUGE. There are 3 different sizes of each map. A 16, 32, & 64 player maps. The Smaller maps only have a more large restricted area and have less flags. The most played map to my knowledge is Strike At Karkand. All the maps are fun and i honestly dont like any maps in the game.

Mods
There are quite a few mods for this game. A one worth noting is Project Reality. There is no HUD. So you know not how much health you have nor do you know how many rounds you have in your current clip. You do know how many remaining clips you have. I don't currently play this mod anymore simply because it takes lots of time downloading it with the slow DSL speed i have. Overall it's a great addition to BF2. It is updated regularly, and it's normally large updates.

That's my part of explaining the game too my fellow clan. If you have any questions just ask.

3About Battlefield 2 Empty Re: About Battlefield 2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:51 am

[AOG]_Kerstov

[AOG]_Kerstov
Admin

That's my part of explaining the game too my fellow clan. If you have any questions just ask.[/quote]
lol Sorry. Was hoping you would come in and mention more about the game as well. I suck at explaining, and I was typing that at 1am in the morning at the time my head was about to slam into the keyboard.

4About Battlefield 2 Empty Re: About Battlefield 2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:32 pm

[AOG]_LPST

[AOG]_LPST
General

Well look at the time of my post? 3:05A.M.

5About Battlefield 2 Empty Re: About Battlefield 2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 pm

[AOG]_Kerstov

[AOG]_Kerstov
Admin

Yes, but lately my sleep has been extremely screwed up. So, I'm continuously up and sleeping. Thinking went plllllll

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum