AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life With Playstation - Folding@Home - AOG Team # 128943

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aog-Big_act

Aog-Big_act
Admin

im lost.. what is folding@home and how do u do it? whats it about?

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

AOG-Ferrari wrote:Hey guys...just wanted to let you know that i linked my folding @ home with your team. I was just curious if my previous work credits get credited to y'all or just the new ones?

My understanding is that your previous work credits will be yours forever. All new credits from here will be a team effort.

We can check that soon. After you have a day or two under your belt, we can pull stats and see if they counted.

------

Army_Of_God

Report generated on 08:52:56 August 12, 2009
Date of last work unit 2009-08-12 07:39:34
Active CPUs within 50 days 5
Team Id 128943
Grand Score 515443 (certificate)
Work Unit Count 1862 (certificate)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 3513 of 163201
Home Page http://www.myteam.com/
Team members
Rank
(within team) Donor Score WU
1 AOG-Phoenix 230979 833
2 AOG_Gideon 128551 470
3 AOG-Gideon 108415 392
4 Garrett 23977 64
5 [AOG]_LPST 7750 39
6 JOR-EL 7064 29
7 Skater-_-Dude 4787 19
8 AOG_TR1663R 2050 8
9 PS3 1615 7
10 gillies 255 1

3Life With Playstation - Folding@Home - AOG Team # 128943 Empty Joined your team Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:11 pm

AOG-Ferrari

AOG-Ferrari
NOOb

Hey guys...just wanted to let you know that i linked my folding @ home with your team. I was just curious if my previous work credits get credited to y'all or just the new ones?

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Hold square, move selection from live to the other one

[AOG]_Nateeeeeeeeeeee

[AOG]_Nateeeeeeeeeeee
Illuminati

how do i get to the old veiw with the little cells as the screen saver??

[AOG]_LPST

[AOG]_LPST
General

Downloaded the GPU version for the comp and it will be running during the day when im not using. I didn't know ps3's could run it but anything is possible. also i joined the team Phoenix looks like she runs hers non stopped.

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Folding@Home Website

Life With Playstation is an interactive screensaver. It can be set to auto-start after "x" amount of time. The Live section, shows you a global view of Earth that has current weather and news from around the world. It can auto-play music from your PS3 at the same time. When viewing the Live section, your PS3 will also conduct Folding@Home work units in the background.

The Folding@Home section shows you a different Earth view, displaying all of the computers in the world that are conducting Folding@Home protein folding.

Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download (preinstalled on PS3)and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world.

What is protein folding and how is folding linked to disease?
Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.

Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.

----
Join the AOG-Clan Folding@Home team. Just input our team number into Folding@Home on the configuration page. Our team number is 128943. We are helping cure disease with our PS3's.
----

Some PS3 users reported a shorter life span from using Folding@Home.
I have an extended warranty on my PS3 so I don't care if it breaks. But I have had no problems so far, one year into it.

----

Life With Playstation - Folding@Home - AOG Team # 128943 Tcert_10

----

Life With Playstation - Folding@Home - AOG Team # 128943 Tcert_13

Last edited by AOG-Gideon on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum